June 1, 2019 launches Midlands Carrier Transicold’s partnership with Omaha’s Food Bank for the Heartland for their Strike Out Hunger campaign. This is a FRIENDLY COMPETITION against other Omaha area businesses from June 1-June 30.
Even though many of these families work, they struggle to provide food for their kids; even more so in the summer months when schools are not open. In Nebraska, the shocking truth is more than 90,000 kiddos are affected by hunger combined with thousands of family’s rebuilding from flooding. Midlands Carrier Transicold partners with the Food Bank to truly make an impact in our community and our state. We believe that every donation will make a huge impact in someones by life removing the burden of choosing between a meal for their family or paying rent and/or utilities.
HERE IS THE IMPACT THAT WE CAN MAKE:
- $1.00 = 3 meals
- 1.2 lbs. = 1 meal
- $21.51 X 3 meals= 65 meals per person volunteering
THERE ARE FOUR WAYS TO DONATE:
- Donating canned and boxed goods
- Items such as peanut butter, canned vegetables and fruit, spaghetti sauce, canned tuna or chicken, etc. are needed.
- Monetarily (cash, check).
- Monetary donations may be tax deductible.
- Utilize the Food Bank Virtual food drive
- If you are interested in volunteering on our behalf . Please utilize the link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050F4CABAA2AA7FC1-strike to sign up for your volunteer time.
The Food Bank for the Heartland’s Strike Out Hunger goal in 2019 is 600,000 donated meals from all participating businesses combined but what matters most is the impact and difference that will be made with our teams contributions! Our help is needed more then ever this year as communities are rebuilding homes and families are putting their best foot forward. All support is welcome and appreciated by the Food Bank.