Vector™ 8500 Trailer Refrigeration Unit
Features and Benefits:
- E-Drive™ technology. Proven and refined over a decade, Carrier Transicold’s all-electric trailer refrigeration technology means refrigeration and heating operations are 100 percent electric, powered over the road by an on-board generator driven by the unit’s diesel engine.
- Enhanced performance. The latest generation Vector™ TRUs utilize ecoFORWARD™ technologies to offer significantly reduced weight, improved fuel economy, and greater refrigeration capacity than our prior hybrid trailer refrigeration units.
- Advanced compressor design. For improved performance, the latest Vector refrigeration systems use a fully sealed electric scroll compressor with 70 percent fewer moving parts and weighing 200 pounds less than a traditional reciprocating compressor.
- Reduced maintenance cost. The Vector TRU eliminates many maintenance items found in conventional mechanical refrigeration systems, such as alternators, drive belts, idlers, vibrasorbers, compressor shaft seals, and clutches.
- Compliance plus. The unit provides compliance with 2013 EPA Tier 4 emissions regulations, while also improving operational efficiencies and performance.
- Intelligent operation. Vector units have the unique ability to turn individual components on when they’re needed, and off when they’re not.
- Electric standby. Standard with Vector units, this feature cuts fuel consumption, engine noise and emissions, while boosting operational savings.
76.4″ x 85.7″ x 22.8″
(1,940 x 2,176 x 579 mm)
66.3″ x 45.2″ x 8.2″
(1,684 x 1,149 x 280 mm)
66.8″ x 46.0″ (1,696 x 1,168 mm)
1,810 lb. (820 kg) including electric standby
Remote 50-gallon aluminum fuel tank with mounting brackets: 65 lb. (29 kg)
Battery: 50 lb. (23 kg)
Ambient at 100°F (38°C)
|Evaporator Return Air Temp.||High Speed Diesel or Electric Standby Operation
|35°F ( 2°C)||60,000||17,585|
Applied system performance:
3,100 cfm (5,270 m3 /hr)